It was a short week this week, but that didn’t keep us from filling it with many learning opportunities. The week started with a new Science experiment and ended with a fun trip to the Franklin Park Zoo. If you haven’t heard about the following activities in Room 27, be sure to ask your son or daughter!
- We started guided reading groups in Reading and the students worked on their stamina during independent centers.
- We began learning about Main Idea and Details with a sorting and categorizing activity to get our brains warmed up!
- We learned and practiced Four Corners in Math centers.
- We planted sunflower seeds in Science and began a Roots Observation Journal.
- During the field trip, we took notes on the gorilla, zebra, ostrich and lion. The information we gathered will help us with our class books.
- We learned how to make a list and draw a diagram in Writing.
Parents– Thank you for those who have offered to volunteer in the classroom. If you haven’t had a chance, please email me any days and times you have available and might want to work in our classroom. I will begin a schedule in the next few weeks.
Important Reminder- This week is our Scholastic Book Fair at school! My reading class will visit the fair on Wednesday. Please check your child’s communication folder for more information.
Main Idea and Detail Sort
Root Experiment and Observations
Franklin Park Zoo