The students in Room 27…..
- played Pumpkins and ghouls in P.E.
- learned a new app, Parts of a Plant, to study plant parts and functions. They also made their own plant on the app!
- studied and sketched oak tree leaves and seeds, pine tree leaves and seeds, and maple tree leaves and seeds. They also read several books about plant parts and functions.
- collected leaves from their backyards to study the shapes, sizes, and colors. We’ll use them next week to create a leaf rubbing book.
- studied Main Idea and details in Reading. We used sorting and categorizing to help our brains prepare for this strategy.
- took a Topic 2 Math test on strategies to solve addition and subtraction equations. Be sure to ask them how to use a number line or doubles fact!
- filled out a candy corn book review with their book buddies.
- had a Fall Fun Friday! They listened to The Biggest Pumpkin Ever and created a stand-up pumpkin. They also had “Parties in a Bag” with their classmates while telling Halloween jokes.