We’ve had a few interruptions in the past few school weeks, but that has not kept us from learning and growing! Here are some of the many happenings in Room 27:
- We learned about what veterans have done for our country and why we celebrate Veteran’s Day each year.
- We began class discussions about the many things we are thankful for this year.
- In Reading we learned about the glued sounds -am, -an.
- We began learning about the retelling strategy by using story panels. All of Mrs. Carroll’s readers were videotaped retelling a story!
- We learned about common and proper nouns.
- In Math we learned strategies about doubles, doubles plus 1, doubles plus 2, and making 10.
- We earned another postcard in ST Math. We have completed 20% of our curriculum.
- We’ve been practicing our fluency with Math facts by using flash cards and timed fact quizzes.
- In Science we completed our Plant Parts and Functions unit by creating our own plant with labels. Be sure to check out the pictures below!
- In Library we picked out a book to use for our book reviews. We’ll be working with Mr. Murphy to create the review on Book Creator.
- We chose our poems for the Peppermint Parade.
- On Friday we earned a whole school reward and got to listen to music during lunch.