The past two weeks have been busy in Room 27! Here is what we have been up to….
- In PE we’ve been using mats to practice different tumbling techniques.
- In Art we are learning about primary and secondary colors. We have also learned about symmetrical design.
- In Music we are learning about music notes, crescendo and decrescendo.
- In Literacy we learned 4 new glued sounds- ink, ank, unk, onk.
- We also learned about 2 new apps for Literacy- Raz Kids and Vocabulary City. The students are very excited about using them!
- We were focused and determined during an i-Ready assessment on the chrome books.
- We started to learn about character traits and analyzed a few characters in Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon and Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type.
- In Math we started Unit 6- Represent and Interpret Data. We took a few surveys in our class.
- We reached 40% completion of ST Math and received another postcard from JiJi.
- In Writing we added where and when triangles to our sentences to add more details. We started writing paragraphs about specific photographs!
- We continued our unit on heroes and read stories about Martin Luther King, Jr., police officers, Amelia Earhart, and relief workers.
- We had our Heroes Assembly with the Kindergarten and Second Grade where we showed our heroes video. You can watch the video here.
- We learned about Martin Luther King, Jr and made necklaces that represented our individuality. We also read The Peace Book.