- In PE we are practicing basketball. Lots of dribbling and shooting the ball.
- In Art we made pinch pots.
- In Music we played instruments.
- During Literacy we are learning about long vowels and the magic e at the end of words.
- We are also beginning to read books about the planets. During independent centers we are filling out a space journal.
- We finished our unit on character traits by doing Reading Response Journals on Miss Nelson is Missing, Chester’s Way, and The Paper Bag Princess.
- We started using SeeSaw a new digital portfolio app.
- In Science we are learning about the sun, moon, and Earth. We made a few books and watched a few Brainpop Jr. videos.
- In the morning we are now using Morning Work Journals.
- In Math we have learned how to count to 120 by 10s and 1s. We also love the new Math puzzles in centers.
- We reflected on the month of January and wrote our monthly memory.
- We learned about Groundhog Day and completed a grade wide survey about our predictions.
- On Friday, February 3 we had an assembly about Ella Fitzgerald. We listened to many of her songs and learned about her life and jazz music.
- Go Patriots!