This week in Room 27 we:
- Celebrated our 100th Day of School
- Celebrated the birthday of Dr. Seuss
- Learned the meaning of “March comes in a like a lion and out like a lamb”. We wrote about times we are lions and lambs and did an art project.
- Learned a new vocabulary center in Literacy.
- Wrote our February Monthly memory.
- Stared a new topic in Math about place value.
- Started our Animal Parts and Functions unit in Science. We traced our bodies on big pieces of paper and labeled our body parts.
- Looked at animal models and used comparison statements to compare their parts.
- Watched a video about chicks and the master incubator. Our chicks went into the incubator on March 8th.
- Finished our unit in Fundations on long vowels.
Here are a few quotes from the students about their work the past two weeks:
“We drew a picture of cat in the hat”- Ivy
“We did our lion and lamb writing and project.” Meghan
“We watched We Sing in Sillyville.” Samira
“We made pictures of space in art.” Vanessa
“We painted our pinch pots.” Zoe
“We learned about animal parts and functions in Science.” Cameron
“In Science we are opening our eggs to learn about the chicks.” Jonathan
“ In Reading we wrote about people who are worth more to us than gold.” Emma
“We labeled animal parts in Science.” Angaj