The past two weeks….
- We finished our pinch pots in Art.
- We began learning about bowling in P.E.
- We watched a movie and played a new game, Blob, in Music.
- In Literacy we learned about the vowel teams- ee, ea, ey, ai, ay, oi, oy– and went on a partner search to find words with those sounds.
- In Literacy we began learning about closed syllables.
- We wrote about people and pets who mean more to us than gold!
- We learned about homophones and made homophone books.
- In Reading we began using our Reader’s and Writer’s Notebook to write about books we are reading and write our own stories.
- We made rainbows that show our best qualities.
- In Writing and Science we began our research on Snake Parts and Functions.
- We are learning how to take notes and write information in our own words.
- We’ve met with our research groups to read more about snakes.
- We got a live snake presentation from Ms. P! Many of us even held the corn snake!!
- We also attended a presentation about chicks. We learned about the parts of an egg and the many different kinds of eggs. Our chicks come to our room on Monday, March 27.
- In Math we are learning about place value and adding 10 to numbers.
- We are looking for patterns in the tens and ones place, too.